Stewards’ Foundation of Christian Brethren ABN 57 246 942 907 (Stewards) is a company incorporated under an Act of the NSW Parliament, the Stewards’ Foundation of Christian Brethren Act 1989 No.172 (Act).
• affirms Stewards’ commitment to protecting and managing personal information held about Stewards customers by adherence to the applicable Australian Privacy Principles, procedures and training;
• sets down Stewards’ obligations under the Privacy Act 1988, and the Australian Privacy Principles (APP); and
• aims to provide an understanding of the Australian Privacy Principles, and how they impact on Stewards’ operations.
The Privacy Act 1988 (Commonwealth) as amended, includes the Australian Privacy Principles as detailed in this Policy, and sets the standards for the way organisations handle personal information. The Privacy Act also gives the office of the Australian Information Commissioner a general power to make Guidelines to help organisations avoid breaching the Act.
This Policy is designed to inform customers of –
• What information we collect and the purposes for which we collect it;
• Use and disclosure of information collected;
• Security of your personal information;
• Gaining access to information we hold about you;
• What to do if you believe the information we hold about you is inaccurate;
• Complaints in relation to privacy; and
• How to contact us.
Personal information is information or an opinion about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information or opinion.
Stewards will also collect any personal information necessary for the purposes of complying with the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act 2006.
Information generally collected by Stewards includes the following (depending on the nature of the service(s) provided): • your name, address and contact details; • your e-mail address; • your tax file number; • Bank account details; • Identification and verification information; • Credit reference information (where applicable); and • details of specific transactions.
Open and Transparent Management of Personal Information
Stewards seeks to ensure that personal information we hold about an individual is managed in an open and transparent manner. We have implemented procedures to ensure compliance with the Australian Privacy Principles and any applicable codes, and to deal with any complaints relating to our compliance therewith.