The company Stewards Foundation of Christian Brethren was established on 16 July 1965 as a company limited by guarantee. In 1989 the NSW parliament proclaimed The Stewards Foundation of Christian Brethren Act 1989 No 172. From that time on the Foundation was enacted under the NSW Parliament.
A copy of the Act can be found at:
The Foundation is administered by a Committee of between 5 - 10 members. The Committee is comprised of respected person from various Christian Brethren Churches within Australia. The Committee is made up of the following people:
- Ross Bunyon – Chairman
- Eric Gordon - Deputy Chairman
- Andrew Green - Company Secretary
- Rob Kolbe
- Martin Watkins
- John Lyndon
- Stewards Foundation of Christian Brethren is not prudentially supervised by APRA;
- Contributions to Stewards Foundation of Christian Brethren do not obtain the benefit of the depositor protection provisions of the Banking Act 1959;
- The investment is designed for investors who wish to promote the charitable purposes of Stewards Foundation of Christian Brethren and for whom the considerations of profit are not of primary relevance in the investment decision;
- This charitable scheme has not been examined or approved by ASIC; and
- Investors should be aware that the specified charitable scheme is not subject to the normal requirement to have a disclosure document or Product Statement and be registered or have a trust deed under the Corporations Act 2001.